Sunday, March 28, 2010

You are the Dancing Queen

I've been listening to ABBA's Dancing Queen for a straight hour now. It makes me miss my Papa. I used to sit in his car when I was little and sing it with him and Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio. Yeah that's right. I miss my Grandparents. This blog is dedicated to them. All their sacrifice for me. I miss walking into their house and hearing them bicker and then 5 minutes later they are fine. All is forgotten. I'd come over to visit and they would take me out to lunch just to spend time with me. Me alone. It was Personal. I miss my Nana getting all excited about Proms and making huge family dinners. I miss my Papa and all his infinite wisdom. I miss him telling me about the most random things. I miss him pulling jokes on me. I miss sitting in his lap and eating popcorn and watching Indiana Jones for hours. He would even let me drink out of his belly-bomber Pepsi's. ( They were one liter Pepsi bottled absolutely huge)I miss making huge sandwiches and going up to the movie theatre and watching Survivor with them and how we would all bet who was going to get voted off next and how stupid some people's playing strategies were. My Papa showed me my first concert. It was KISS. He even showed me how to do the Gene Simmons tongue thing. I miss watching Gabe loaf on the back of the couch with my Gparents. I miss the smell of their house. I miss their hugs. I even miss my Nana embarassing me in front of my friends and other family members. I miss how I used to play my violin in their huge living room where the acoustics were phenomenol. I will miss having them at my Birthday this year. I'm working on my Birthday this year. Awesome. I'm most likely to webcam them. I'm excited. This post is making me cry. A Happy-Funny-Painful cry. Tears feel good rolling down your cheeks sometimes. It's a release. Life is scary when it's not the same.


I miss my Grandparents. I love them. Thank you Papa and Nana for treating me with kindness and loving me for who I am. Helping me excel. Nana I am honored to be named after you. I can't wait to see you both again. Thank You for opening your home to my friends that I care deeply about. For treating them like your own grandchildren. It meant a lot to me. Thank you for putting up with me :)

Your Granddaughter

Cassandra Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment