Saturday, February 13, 2010

Distance, Dates and Olympians

I find it easier to talk to little kids than adults for some reason. Kids are innocent and they aren't judgmental. I talked to a 6 year old named DJ yesterday. We talked about friends and moving. He asked me where I moved from and I said all my friends are back in Georgia. He asked me where Georgia was so I drew him a map on a sticky note then he knew where it was. He said thats really really far away! I just laughed and said yeah it is. We also talked about bullying. He told me that he was being bullied by one of his "friends". Then on a positive note he said that him and his best friend get along so well. He said I do everything with him and he's way nice to me. That made me really happy. Sad to say but in some cases when I was younger I was pushed around because I just hate confrontation, I want peace. I told him to stay away from that other kid and stick with his best friend because it's worth it when you have one. I don't know if he took all of that in. But it felt really good to just talk and not talk about taxes or jobs like adults do. I felt like a kid. I don't think I'm ready to grow up. It's scary to me... I've worked 18 hours the past two days. I'm tired. So much of this might not make sense. I thought it was really awesome that the Republic of Georgia walked in the Olympic lineup. Even though they all fought to keep their composure over the death of their Teammate, Friend, Brother, Son and Olympian. He died doing what he loved. I'm really glad that they are staying in the Olympics. The last thing Nodar would have wanted was for them to pull out. It was just really touching to see them walk... I know how to play California by Copeland by heart now. Other than Why Georgia it's my fall back song. I have my own twist to it. It's really nice to hear yourself play something beautiful. It's coming from you and no one else. You give yourself a concert. I miss frisbee. I miss my friends. I miss my gparents and gabe.... I went out on a date with Steph tonight. It was great I got to dress up and she bought me yogurt from a place called Spoon Me.bahaha. I think thats absolutely hilarious. But it was way good. It was nice to catch up with a good friend, it made me come back to sanity. Thank You Stephanie Facemyer :) Sweats, Ice Cream and Olympics sound really good right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment